created Feb 09, 2012
updated Oct 28, 2014
Population and housing information extracted from decennial census Public Law 94-171 redistricting summary files for Washington state for years 2000 and 2010.
- Community Rating
Current value: 4.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- wa, washington, ofm, state, county, city, population, housing, census, 2000, 2010
- Row Count
- Data Provided By
- Washington State Office of Financial Management, Forecasting Division
- Source Link
- Public Domain
- When comparing 2010 values to prior census counts, please note that changes in population and housing, as well as changes in the racial and ethnic composition of the population, may be due to a variety of factors including annexation, natural increase (the excess of births over deaths), and migration.
- Please note that federal census population counts for some jurisdictions may differ from the official OFM April 1 population values. O FM controls for annexations occurring between January 1 and April 1 in decennial census years to account for boundary changes related to the timing of the federal census. City boundaries were fixed as of January 1 for data collection purposes whereas the actual census date is April 1. OFM substitutes state-certified special census counts in place of federal census counts in decennial census years and takes into account federal corrections to census counts.
- By using these data the user agrees that the Washington State Office of Financial Management shall not be liable for any activity involving these data with regard to lost profits or savings or any other consequential damages; or the fitness for use of the data for a particular purpose; or the installation of the data, its use, or the results obtained.